5 Simple & Satisfying Super Bowl Recipes
Traditional football food
In search of something new to feed your Super Bowl fans this year? Here are 5 simple Super Bowl recipes for finger food and a hearty chili recipe that will keep everyone content around the TV. Load up on the napkins, you’re going to need them.
There is no shortage of options for Super Bowl-worthy food that suits all tastes and temperaments.
If you want (or need) to stray from the traditional football food, but you still want simple Super Bowl recipes, try these other options below:
- If you’re in search of more appetizer ideas and recipes for substantial finger food check out this post with 10 Easy Appetizer Recipes.
- Are you all about the sweets for Super Bowl Sunday? Try these big-batch Pecan Pie Squares (made in a 9″ x 13″ pan); Brown Butter Molasses Blondies (9″ x 13″ pan) or this one-bowl Gingerbread Cake for a Crowd (9″ x 13″ pan).
- Yes you can have a Gluten-Free Super Bowl. Here’s how.
- Do you have vegetarian friends to feed? Try our hearty Roasted Red Pepper Lentil Soup or Vegetarian Black Bean Chili served with nacho chips and avocado. For a nibble try Sweet & Spicy Roasted Cauliflower or Chili Molasses Sweet Potato Wedges.
5 Simple Super Bowl Recipes:
Asian-inspired Sticky Wings
A sticky wing recipe made extra flavourful with sesame oil, garlic and fresh ginger.Print
Easy Asian Wings Recipe
Our easy asian wings are fall-off-the-bone moist and pleasantly sticky. They have a lovely savoury sweet flavour and just the right amount of garlic.
- Category: Savoury dishes
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- ¼ cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 1 Tbsp. chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. hoisin sauce (can substitute molasses)
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated or minced
- Combine all ingredients, except wings.
- Toss wings with mixture. Spread in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet. (Or a well-oiled cookie sheet).
- Bake at 450 F for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Turn oven to broil and broil 3-5 minutes, flip then broil again
Spicy Rum Wings
A fiery sweet-with-heat recipe with lots of garlic. We mean, LOTS of garlic.
A one-pot sweet and sour ribs recipe that is effortless and delicious. Part of the secret to the marinade is orange juice.
Sweet & Sour Chicken Drumsticks
A drumstick version of the oven-baked ribs recipe above. This chicken becomes fall-off-the-bone tender as it bakes. And because you remove the skin before baking the dish is a little healthier too.
Black Bean Turkey Chili
This is a simple and substantial meal that suits those in search of a healthier option for their Super Bowl eats. Serve with nacho chips for dipping.
How can I save the Recipes.
You can print them or save them in your bookmarks. -Marie from Crosby’s Kitchen