One-Bowl Gingerbread Cake for a Crowd
Gingerbread is best shared with friends. A one-bowl gingerbread cake recipe that makes a good sized cake is the easiest way to have more to go around.
There’s nothing better than a dessert recipe that can feed a crowd.
Not every recipe doubles well and sometimes making two of something is more effort than you have time for. That’s where a big-batch cake comes in handy. One bowl. One pan. One less thing to prep for a gathering.
One-Bowl Gingerbread Cake for a Crowd has everything you love about a classic gingerbread.
Beautifully spiced and with a texture that is just dense enough, this is the cake you want to make for your Christmas (or any other festive) gathering. Make it ahead if you have time since it only gets better with age. Serve it warm with cinnamon whipped cream or our Quick Coffee Toffee Sauce.
This recipe can serve up to 20.Print
One-Bowl Gingerbread Cake
Our One-Bowl Gingerbread Cake is beautifully spiced and with a texture that is just dense enough.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 18–20 servings 1x
- Category: Cakes
- 2 ½ cups flour, spooned in
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9” x 13” pan or line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat butter with sugar. Beat in eggs then molasses. Beat in water.
- Sprinkle over the flour, spices, baking soda and salt and beat until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake until a tester comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached, about 45 minutes to an hour.
Serve with cinnamon whipped cream.
Keywords: gingerbread cake