Easy Pumpkin Gingerbread
Gingerbread, pumpkin and molasses. Has there ever been a tastier trio?
This delightful dessert combines the warm, spiced flavors of traditional gingerbread with the rich, earthy sweetness of pumpkin. The result is a moist and aromatic treat that perfectly captures the essence of autumn. Enjoy the harmonious blend of ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg, complemented by the subtle pumpkin undertones, making it an ideal choice for cozy gatherings or a comforting fall indulgence. The candied ginger sprinkled on top makes it extra pretty and adds a little more sweet heat.Print
Flavoured with classic gingerbread spices and a note of nutmeg this gingerbread combines all that I love about pumpkin pie and gingerbread.
Adapted from Simply Recipes
- Category: Muffins & Quick Breads
- 1 1/2 cups flour, spooned in
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 3 Tbsp finely minced candied ginger, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, mix the pumpkin purée, melted butter, sugar, molasses, 1 Tbsp. of the candied ginger, eggs, and water.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mixing gently just until combined.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle top with remaining 2 Tbsp. of candied ginger.
- Bake for about an hour, until a skewer poked into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes then run a knife around the edge of the loaf to loosen. Invert the pan to remove the loaf. Cool completely before cutting