Servings: 2 serving(s)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
When you make your Pumpkin Spice Latte at home you know exactly what you’re drinking. No unknown ingredients. No funny flavours. And you can adjust the flavours according to what you like best.
Enjoy your pumpkin Spice Latte at home when you learn how easy it is to make yourself.
I never knew what all the fuss was about — this Pumpkin Spice Latte craze.
These flavoured lattes are on the menu in coffee shops everywhere but I always steered clear of them because I was never quite sure what was in them (artificial flavours? Artificial sweeteners?) But a coffee lover can only hold off so long and I finally caved in. Only, instead of heading off to my nearest Starbucks or Second Cup, I searched up a recipe and made my own at home.
When you make your Pumpkin Spice Latte at home you know exactly what you’re drinking. No unknown ingredients. No funny flavours. And you can adjust the flavours according to what you like best. Make it sweeter, less spicy, add more whipped cream, less whipped cream. Use this recipe as a guide and make your perfect Pumpkin Spice Latte.
This is a warming drink that feels like a real indulgence. The pumpkin flavour is mild but noticeable and the pumpkin puree thickens the latte a bit. Molasses is the perfect sweetener since it complements the spice and is such a great pairing with coffee.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
All natural, homemade
- 1 cup strong coffee or espresso
- 1 cup milk (can use coconut milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or a pinch each of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice)
- 1 ½ Tbsp Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- pinch salt
- Whipped cream (can use whipped coconut milk)
- Pour coffee, milk and vanilla into a medium saucepan. Wisk in pumpkin, spices and salt.
- Warm gently and remove from heat just before it comes to a simmer.
- Pour into a blender, add molasses, and whirr for 5 seconds.
- Pour into two mugs and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
Recipe adapted from Mommypotamus
One more thing…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more. Here’s the link to subscribe.