Servings: 16 muffins serving(s)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
These streusel-top pumpkin spice latte muffins are spiked with coffee. They’re sweeter than my regular muffins and are a nice treat on a cool fall day. These muffins are surprisingly light textured for pumpkin muffins.
If you love baking with pumpkin (and want to use up the rest of your can of pumpkin puree) visit our Pumpkin Baking page.
- I use an ice cream scoop to portion the dough. It’s tidy and even.
- You can omit the streusel and top with pumpkin seeds instead. (Check them for doneness at the 20-minute mark if there is no streusel.)
Pumpkin Spice Latte Muffins
For the streusel:
- 1/2 cup of walnut pieces
- 3 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or ¼ tsp. each of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves)
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
For the muffins:
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup espresso or good strong coffee (room temp)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- ¾ cup oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, spooned in
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or 1 tsp. cinnamon, ½ tsp. ginger, ¼ tsp. each of cloves and nutmeg)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Line muffin pan with paper liners
- Combine streusel ingredients and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, coffee, molasses, oil, vanilla, and pumpkin puree.
- In another bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir gently, just until combined.
- Spoon into prepared pan and top each muffin with about 2 Tbsp. streusel.
- When you put them in the oven immediately reduce the heat to 350 F
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the tops spring back when lightly touched.
If you loved this recipe let us know in the comments below. Be sure to give it some stars too!
Get new recipes every week…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive our weekly recipe email.Sign up for our Newsletter