Flavoured with classic gingerbread spices and a note of nutmeg this gingerbread combines all that I love about pumpkin pie and gingerbread.
Adapted from Simply Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups flour, spooned in
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 3 Tbsp finely minced candied ginger, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, mix the pumpkin purée, melted butter, sugar, molasses, 1 Tbsp. of the candied ginger, eggs, and water.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mixing gently just until combined.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle top with remaining 2 Tbsp. of candied ginger.
- Bake for about an hour, until a skewer poked into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes then run a knife around the edge of the loaf to loosen. Invert the pan to remove the loaf. Cool completely before cutting
If you love this recipe give it a star rating.