3 Quick & Easy 30-Minute Meal Ideas
Eat well every night of the week with these quick and easy 30-minute meal ideas.
These delicious recipes for salmon, shrimp and chicken are all quick and easy meal ideas. Family tested, they’re just the thing for busy weeknights but are also dinner party-worthy.
This recipe is a dinner party stand-in too since the recipe doubles well so is a simple way to feed a crowd. Serve with rice.
Spicy Cajun Shrimp
Spicy Cajun shrimp is a quick and easy recipes that’s dinner party worthy but speedy enough for a weeknight. Includes a homemade recipe for Cajun seasoning
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Savoury dishes
- ½ cup olive oil (I have reduced this to 1/3 cup with good results)
- 2 Tbsp. Cajun Seasoning (*see below for homemade version)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley or cilantro (more is good)
- 1 Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled
*Don’t like bought Cajun seasoning? Here’s the homemade blend that we use:
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large baking dish and add the shrimp, tossing to coat well.
- Let the shrimp rest in the marinade for 20-30 minute (optional)
- Bake at 450 for about 10 minutes, or until shrimp are pink.
Keywords: cajun recipes for a crowd, spicy cajun shrimp, cajun shrimp
Molasses Mustard Chicken is an easy, flavourful weeknight meal. The chicken is baked with a tasty rub and the glaze is brushed on near the end of cooking. This recipe guarantees that there will be no more boring chicken in your house.
Molasses Mustard Chicken Recipe
Molasses Mustard Chicken: an easy, flavourful 30-minute meal. The chicken is baked with a tasty rub and the glaze is brushed on near the end of cooking.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika (optional but yummy)
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2–1 tsp. chipotle chili powder (can substitute regular chili powder)
Molasses Dijon Glaze:
- 1/3 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and drizzle over the Tbsp. of olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Rub Ingredients. Sprinkle over the chicken and rub in a bit. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- Move oven rack to top position and broil chicken for 6 minutes on each side (12 minutes total). (Chicken could be baked instead – 375 F)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Molasses Dijon Sauce ingredients.
- Remove chicken from oven and brush top sides with sauce; broil 1-2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Brush individual servings with additional sauce and serve.
Adapted from Carl’s Bad Cravings.
Do you aspire to eat more fish? This tasty salmon recipe is a quick and easy way to add fish to your weekly menu rotation. The molasses glaze creates a terrific flavour balance for heart-healthy salmon.
Molasses and soy glazed salmon recipe
Molasses and soy glazed salmon is impressive and easy to prepare. The glaze caramelizes, adding a savoury edge that balances out the richness of the fish.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 serving(s) 1x
- Category: Entrees and sides
- ¼ cup soy sauce or GF tamari (low sodium, if you have it)
- ¼ cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 2 Tbsp. white wine or sherry
- A pinch of red pepper flakes or a few grinds of black pepper
- Enough salmon for 4 people (fillets or steaks).
- Chives or parsley to garnish
- Combine first four ingredients. Place salmon in a dish and pour over half of the marinade. Let rest 15-30 minutes, flipping once.
- Remove salmon from dish, discard marinade and place in a parchment lined baking pan. Brush with remaining marinade and bake in a 450 F oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, brush again with marinade and return to oven until done to your liking.
- Brush with marinade before serving.