3 Quick & Easy 30-Minute Meal Ideas
Eat well every night of the week with these quick and easy 30-minute meal ideas.
These delicious recipes for salmon, shrimp and chicken are all quick and easy meal ideas. Family tested, they’re just the thing for busy weeknights but are also dinner party-worthy.
This recipe is a dinner party stand-in too since the recipe doubles well so is a simple way to feed a crowd. Serve with rice.Print
Spicy Cajun Shrimp
Spicy Cajun shrimp is a quick and easy recipes that’s dinner party worthy but speedy enough for a weeknight. Includes a homemade recipe for Cajun seasoning
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Savoury dishes
- ½ cup olive oil (I have reduced this to 1/3 cup with good results)
- 2 Tbsp. Cajun Seasoning (*see below for homemade version)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley or cilantro (more is good)
- 1 Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled
*Don’t like bought Cajun seasoning? Here’s the homemade blend that we use:
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large baking dish and add the shrimp, tossing to coat well.
- Let the shrimp rest in the marinade for 20-30 minute (optional)
- Bake at 450 for about 10 minutes, or until shrimp are pink.
Keywords: cajun recipes for a crowd, spicy cajun shrimp, cajun shrimp
2-Sweet and Spicy Molasses Mustard Chicken
Molasses Mustard Chicken is an easy, flavourful weeknight meal. The chicken is baked with a tasty rub and the glaze is brushed on near the end of cooking. This recipe guarantees that there will be no more boring chicken in your house.Print
Molasses Mustard Chicken Recipe
Molasses Mustard Chicken: an easy, flavourful 30-minute meal. The chicken is baked with a tasty rub and the glaze is brushed on near the end of cooking.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika (optional but yummy)
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2–1 tsp. chipotle chili powder (can substitute regular chili powder)
Molasses Dijon Glaze:
- 1/3 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and drizzle over the Tbsp. of olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Rub Ingredients. Sprinkle over the chicken and rub in a bit. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- Move oven rack to top position and broil chicken for 6 minutes on each side (12 minutes total). (Chicken could be baked instead – 375 F)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Molasses Dijon Sauce ingredients.
- Remove chicken from oven and brush top sides with sauce; broil 1-2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Brush individual servings with additional sauce and serve.
Adapted from Carl’s Bad Cravings.
3-Molasses and Soy Glazed Salmon
Do you aspire to eat more fish? This tasty salmon recipe is a quick and easy way to add fish to your weekly menu rotation. The molasses glaze creates a terrific flavour balance for heart-healthy salmon.
Molasses and soy glazed salmon recipe
Molasses and soy glazed salmon is impressive and easy to prepare. The glaze caramelizes, adding a savoury edge that balances out the richness of the fish.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 serving(s) 1x
- Category: Entrees and sides
- ¼ cup soy sauce or GF tamari (low sodium, if you have it)
- ¼ cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 2 Tbsp. white wine or sherry
- A pinch of red pepper flakes or a few grinds of black pepper
- Enough salmon for 4 people (fillets or steaks).
- Chives or parsley to garnish
- Combine first four ingredients. Place salmon in a dish and pour over half of the marinade. Let rest 15-30 minutes, flipping once.
- Remove salmon from dish, discard marinade and place in a parchment lined baking pan. Brush with remaining marinade and bake in a 450 F oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, brush again with marinade and return to oven until done to your liking.
- Brush with marinade before serving.
I really like that your molasses is in a paper carton and not plastic! For the convenience of the plastic squeeze bottle, you would be putting tons more plastic into our environment! Please stay with your great product and excellent packaging!
Hi Mary-Anne, thank you for taking the time to write a comment about our carton here on our website. I truly appreciate it and I’ll make sure to share you comment with my team :) -Marie at Crosby’s Kitchen
Hi, I suggest that you put your molasses in squeeze bottles, like ketchup. Pouring from the carton is (literally) as slow as molasses and when it starts, it won’t stop. A squeeze bottle would make it easier to drizzle on things or add a tablespoon to a recipe. I think we’d use more molasses this way! Cheers.
Thanks for your suggestion – we have had squeeze bottles in the past. Maybe its time to revisit the idea. -Marie at Crosby’s Kitchen
I have never tasted such delicious and easy to make recipes with Crosby’s Molasses. I have started to consistently use your recipes and have shared with many of my friends. Thank you so much for emailing them to us.
Thank you Penny, I’m so pleased you’re enjoying our recipes. Thanks also for sharing them. Always helpful to have a recommendation from a friend.
Recipes look so good. Wondering if you could post some pressure cooker and/ or air fryer friendly. I am new to this new technology and haven’t learned to adapt recipes. I have Ninja Foodi
Thank you for the suggestion!