Sweet & Spicy Molasses Mustard Chicken a 30-Minute Meal
Molasses Mustard Chicken is an easy, flavourful weeknight meal. The chicken is baked with a tasty rub and the glaze is brushed on near the end of cooking.
No more boring chicken.
This recipe is especially good for boneless, skinless cuts of chicken.
The spice rub and molasses mustard glaze help to keep the chicken from drying out and they more than compensate for the flavour that you lose when you’re cooking chicken without the bone and skin.
There’s a good chance you’ll have leftover rub and glaze, which is great. Both store well.
- Serve this chicken alongside steamed green beans and boiled new potatoes or use it as a salad topper for a supper-sized salad.
- You can also cook this chicken on the barbecue.
- Planning ahead? Rub the spice on the chicken in the morning and let it sit, covered, in the fridge all day.
- Make a double batch of the rub and use it on roasted cauliflower, broccoli, fish, pork and more.
Molasses Mustard Chicken Recipe
Molasses Mustard Chicken: an easy, flavourful 30-minute meal. The chicken is baked with a tasty rub and the glaze is brushed on near the end of cooking.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika (optional but yummy)
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2–1 tsp. chipotle chili powder (can substitute regular chili powder)
Molasses Dijon Glaze:
- 1/3 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and drizzle over the Tbsp. of olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Rub Ingredients. Sprinkle over the chicken and rub in a bit. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- Move oven rack to top position and broil chicken for 6 minutes on each side (12 minutes total). (Chicken could be baked instead – 375 F)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Molasses Dijon Sauce ingredients.
- Remove chicken from oven and brush top sides with sauce; broil 1-2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Brush individual servings with additional sauce and serve.
Adapted from Carl’s Bad Cravings.