Cajun Recipes for a Crowd: Spicy Cajun Shrimp
If you’re looking for cajun recipes for a crowd, look no further! This Spicy Cajun Shrimp recipe is quick to prepare and soooooo tasty. The marinade works well with white fish too.
Finding dishes that are delicious, can feed an army, and don’t involve chicken, turkey or ham can be hard to come by. Thirty-minute from-scratch meals that can feed us all are rarer yet, which is why we think this recipe has been so enduring.
This recipe doubles well, triples even as long as you have a dish that’s large enough to accommodate the shrimp in a single layer.
We love it best over basmati rice to sop up all of the tasty juice.
Below is our ever-so-slight adaptation of the original recipe.
This recipe doubles, and triples, well.Print
Spicy Cajun Shrimp
Spicy Cajun shrimp is a quick and easy recipes that’s dinner party worthy but speedy enough for a weeknight. Includes a homemade recipe for Cajun seasoning
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Savoury dishes
- ½ cup olive oil (I have reduced this to 1/3 cup with good results)
- 2 Tbsp. Cajun Seasoning (*see below for homemade version)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley or cilantro (more is good)
- 1 Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled
*Don’t like bought Cajun seasoning? Here’s the homemade blend that we use:
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large baking dish and add the shrimp, tossing to coat well.
- Let the shrimp rest in the marinade for 20-30 minute (optional)
- Bake at 450 for about 10 minutes, or until shrimp are pink.
Keywords: cajun recipes for a crowd, spicy cajun shrimp, cajun shrimp