The Lorenzo Sour Non-alcoholic Cocktail with Clementine & Lemon
A play on the classic Dark & Stormy, the Lorenzo Sour is a non-alcoholic cocktail with a ginger bite and citrusy tang.
This refreshing, non-alcoholic cocktail is a play on the classic Dark and Stormy. Using molasses and bitters to replicate dark rum aromatics and the season’s favorite citrus – clementine’s. It’s mild, sweet, and bitter contrast is sure to suit the classiest of occasions.Print
The Lorenzo Sour Cocktail (non-alcoholic)
A play on the classic Dark & Stormy, with a ginger bite and citrusy tang.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- 4 Wedges of Clementine
- 1/2 oz Fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 oz Molasses Simple Syrup Recipe for Cocktails
- 5 Dashes of Angostura Bitters (optional, *Does have an alcohol content)
- 1 Bottle of ginger beer
- In a tall glass, lightly muddle the Clementine wedges.
- Add fancy molasses syrup, fresh lemon juice, and bitters.
- Use a spoon and stir until the syrup is well incorporated.
- Fill glass with ice, top up with ginger beer to taste.
- Garnish with a clementine twist and serve.
This cocktail was created for us by Eric Scouten
Working as an industry professional for most of the last two decades, Eric has worked from fine dinning to the concrete floors of a brew house. Passionate about alcohol history and flavour profiling has afforded him the opportunity to work with many of Canada’s best chefs and mixologists. Eric has been mentioned in a number of publications including EnRoute and GQ magazine owing to his abilities behind the bar. In 2016 Eric was named one of the top 10 mixologists that are putting Canada on the map (Destination Canada Magazine, March 2016).
He is also an avid forager of wild foods and a loving father.