The Crosby Grande Rum Cocktail with Citrus & Ginger
The Crosby Grande cocktail combines dark rum, ginger beer and orange liqueur with a custom simple syrup made with molasses.
Hints of Spice and rich molasses are the star of this refreshing holiday treat. It’s sure to tantalize your guests with full, rich flavours and light body. (Drink responsibly, they sneak up quick when they’re this smooth.)
Here’s a non-alcoholic option: The Lorenzo Sour, a play on the classic Dark & Stormy.
This recipe uses our Molasses Simple Syrup as a sweet & flavour base.Print
The Crosby Grande Rum Cocktail
The Crosby Grande cocktail combines dark rum, ginger beer, and orange liqueur with a custom simple syrup made with molasses.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cocktail 1x
- Category: Drinks
- 1 Lime wedge
- 1 Orange wheel
- 1/2 oz Fancy but simple syrup
- 1/2 oz Orange Liqueur – Cointreau, or Grand Marnier
- 1 1/2 oz Black/dark rum (use your favorite, I like Goslings)
- 1 Bottle of ginger beer
- In a tall glass, place 1 lime wedge.
- Add fancy but simple syrup, orange liqueur, and rum.
- Use a spoon and stir until the syrup is well incorporated.
- Fill glass with ice, and top up with ginger beer to taste.
- Garnish with an orange twist and serve!
This cocktail was created for us by Eric Scouten
Working as an industry professional for most of the last two decades, Eric has worked from fine dinning to the concrete floors of a brew house. Passionate about alcohol history and flavour profiling has afforded him the opportunity to work with many of Canada’s best chefs and mixologists. Eric has been mentioned in a number of publications including EnRoute and GQ magazine owing to his abilities behind the bar. In 2016 Eric was named one of the top 10 mixologists that are putting Canada on the map (Destination Canada Magazine, March 2016).
He is also an avid forager of wild foods and a loving father.