Double ginger molasses ice creamPrint
Double ginger molasses ice cream
Double ginger molasses ice cream with powdered ginger and crystalized ginger tastes like a cold, creamy version of a molasses kiss.
- Category: Candy & Sweet Treats
- 3 cups 35% cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 tsp. powdered ginger
- ½ cup crystalized ginger, finely chopped
- Bring 2 cups of the cream and the 1 cup of milk to a boil in a heavy saucepan.
- In another bowl whisk together egg yolks and molasses.
- Gradually whisk the hot cream mixture into the egg-molasses mixture.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan until the mixture thickens and leaves a path on the back of the spoon ( 185°F)
- Remove from heat, whisk in the powdered ginger and remaining 1 cup of cream.
- Place custard in fridge till well cooled. (Can be made 2 days ahead)
- Process custard in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Stir in candied ginger