Servings: 24 serving(s)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 27 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
These healthyish chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are low sugar (only one-half a cup, plus chocolate chips) but still taste like a treat. They’re filling too which makes them great for snack time.
If you’re in search of wholesome snacks for school or any time these cookies are a great choice. They’re so satisfying and we have easy options to make them even healthier.
The recipe is a slight adaptation of our popular Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.
Want to make your chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies even healthier?
- Add 2 Tbsp. ground flax to the recipe. (Add with the flour.)
- Add 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds to the batter along with the chocolate chips.
Thick & Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, spooned in
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats (not instant)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg then the vanilla and molasses.
- In another bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into the creamed mixture.
- Add rolled oats and chocolate chops and stir until well combined.
- Chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonful (or use a medium cookie scoop) onto prepared sheet, about two inches apart.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes, until edges are set but the middle still looks a little soft.
- Let cool on the pan for a bit before removing to a rack to cool.
Get more great recipes…
Sign up to receive our monthly recipe newsletter and weekly recipes via email. Sign up for our Newsletter