Soft and Comforting Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
Easy pumpkin oatmeal cookies are loaded with oats, dried cranberries & chocolate chips.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned in
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, rolled oats, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk the melted butter and oil with molasses, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Whisk in the egg yolk then the pumpkin and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add pumpkin mixture to bowl of dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and cranberries. (You will have a thick, sticky dough.)
- Drop dough by the spoonful (2-3 Tbsp.) onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until cookies feel set in the centre.
- This is a soft cookie. If you’d like them a bit firmer bake them longer.
If you loved this recipe please let us know in the comments below. Be sure to give it a star rating too. Thanks!