Servings: 6-8 serving(s)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hours
Cooking time: 45 minutes
This is a very old Crosby’s recipe and is so simple to make. Adding molasses to your pumpkin pie adds more flavour than sugar and lends the pie a rich colour.
Molasses Pumpkin Pie
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) or squash
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
Premade pie crust or pastry for a single crust pie.
- Combine all ingredients and beat together with a whisk. Pour into pastry-lined pie pan.
- Bake at 425°F for about 20 minutes, then at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold garnished with whipped cream.