Molasses Pull Taffy Recipe
This molasses pull taffy recipe is easy to follow and great fun to make with kids.
Who doesn’t love an old-fashioned taffy pull?
As a kid, making this molasses pull taffy recipe was great fun. Slathering our hands with butter and pulling great gobs of soft taffy into glossy brittle strands was just about the ultimate in-kitchen fun.Print
Molasses Pull Taffy
An old fashioned candy recipe that’s great fun to make with kids.
- ½ cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp. vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp. cream of tartar
- ¼ cup butter
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- In a heavy bottomed pot, combine molasses, sugar, vinegar and water. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring often, until mixture reaches 255 F (or when a small amount dropped in cold water turns hard).
- Remove from heat and add butter, cream of tartar and baking soda. Pour onto a buttered, sided cookie sheet.
- When cool enough to handle, pull pieces of taffy until light in color. (Butter hands before pulling).
- Twist and cut into 1” pieces. Wrap in parchment paper.