Dr. Oz says to eat your veggies. And lots of them.
It’s just that sometimes a plateful of boiled or steamed veggies seems like so much effort to eat.
Shake the veggie blahs with this easy side dish that can go with just about any meal.
Because root vegetables store so well there is a chance that you have them on hand, even if you have run out of everything else.
No parsnips? No problem.
Molasses Glazed Carrots & Parsnips
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2-3 carrots , peeled
- 2-3 parsnips, peeled
- 2 Tbsp Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 tsp. dried oregano, marjoram, thyme or parsley
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the vegetables in a rough julienne.
- Heat oil and butter in a large pan and when the butter has melted add the chopped vegetables.
- Saute, stirring often, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Stir in the molasses and continue to stir until the vegetables are tender to your liking.
- Sprinkle over the herbs and season with salt and pepper.
*Feel free to use any of your favourite herbs in this dish, fresh or dried.
Prefer your root vegetables roasted? Try roasted root vegetables with Magic Molasses Sauce.
Subscribe to our recipe updates…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more. Here’s the link to subscribe.