Carrot Cake Muffins with Cream Cheese Icing Recipe
These carrot cake muffins are light and airy, made with three eggs and not much butter. They’re moist and just the right kind of sweet. The molasses cream cheese frosting is a nice addition if you want to enjoy these as a treat.
These carrot cake muffins are moist but not wet like some carrot muffins can be and they’re not oily or interrupted by nuts.Print
Carrot Cake Muffins Recipe
Our Carrot Cake Muffins are light and airy. They’re moist and just sweet enough. Try it with our Cream Cheese Icing recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 18 serving(s) 1x
- Category: Muffins & Quick Breads
- 2 cups flour, spooned in
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour, spooned in
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup brown sugar (can reduce to 2/3 cup)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 350° and prepare muffin pans.
- In a small pan melt butter, remove from heat and stir in molasses.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs. Whisk in the milk and yogurt then add the butter-molasses mixture along with the vanilla.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Carefully add the wet mixture, stirring until just combined. Stir in the grated carrots and mix until incorporated.
- Spoon into prepared pans and bake at 350° F for about 20 minutes.
- Let cupcakes cool before icing.
Molasses cream cheese icing
- 1 – 250 g package of cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 3–4 Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 3 cups (360g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Beat together the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the molasses and vanilla. Slowly add the confectioners’ sugar until desired consistency.