Cherry Pie Turnovers
Indulge in the sweet delight of Cherry Pie Turnovers, crafted with the luscious Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling and a hint of Crosby’s Molasses. Each bite offers a perfect balance of fruity goodness and rich, caramelized flavor, making them a delectable treat that’s impossible to resist. With just four ingredients, these flaky, sweet treats are a delightful combination of fruity goodness and rich molasses flavor. Perfect for a quick and delicious dessert that’s as easy to make as it is to savor. Made in partnership with Lucky Leaf.
What is Lucky Leaf Pie Filling?
Lucky Leaf Pie Filling is a trusted and convenient choice for adding delicious fruit goodness to your homemade pies, pastries, and desserts. Made with high-quality, ripe fruits and a touch of sweetness, Lucky Leaf Pie Filling ensures your creations burst with flavor and a perfect, fruity texture. Whether you’re making classic pies, cobblers, or other sweet treats, Lucky Leaf Pie Filling makes your baking endeavors a breeze, bringing the taste of homemade goodness to every bite.Print
Cherry Pie Turnovers
Savor the exquisite pleasure of our Cherry Pie Turnovers, expertly made using the delightful Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling and a subtle touch of Crosby’s Molasses. With a mere four ingredients, these flaky, sweet pastries embody the perfect fusion of fruity delight and the richness of molasses. They are an ideal choice for a quick, easy-to-prepare dessert that promises both simplicity and gratification. Made in partnership with Lucky Leaf.
- 1 can of Lucky Leaf Cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons of Crosby’s Molasses
- 12 sheets of phyllo pastry
- 1/4 cup of melted unsalted butter
- In a bowl, blend together the cherry pie filling and the molasses with a hand blender until you get a jam-like texture.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- On a work surface, using a pastry brush, cover 2 sheets of phyllo with butter, stacking them on top of each other. Cut the sheets into four long strips.
- Place 2 tbsp of the cherry and molasses mixture at the end of one strip of phyllo. Fold the phyllo up into a small triangle. Continue folding the triangle of phyllo over itself several times to form a turnover. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat this process with the remaining strips of phyllo, then with the remaining sheets of phyllo, butter and filling.
- Brush the tops of the turnovers with butter.
- Bake until the turnovers turn golden, typically around 15 minutes. Allow them to cool before serving. While they are at their finest on the day of baking, you can store these turnovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.