Classic Carrot Cake Recipe with Molasses
- ¾ cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- ¼ cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 4 eggs unbeaten (add one at a time)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup walnuts (chopped)
- 3 cups packed grated carrots
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup butter
- 3½ to 4 cups icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Add ingredients in the above order, mixing well after each addition. Pour into prepared 2.5 to 3 litre tube pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 1¼ to 1½ hours. Let cool completely before icing.
- Mix cream cheese and butter. Beat in the sugar until you reach desired stiffness. Mix in vanilla.
- Spread on cool cake. Garnish with walnut pieces.