Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Molasses
If you love baking with apples, give these apple cinnamon muffins with molasses a try. They’re light and moist and not too sweet.Print
Whole wheat apple cinnamon muffins with molasses
Apple cinnamon muffins with molasses are light textured, moist and not too sweet. The whole wheat (or spelt) flour adds extra flavour and nutrition.
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup whole wheat or spelt flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup buttermilk or sour milk*
- ½ cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup canola, grape seed or olive oil
- 2 cups peeled and chopped apples (about 2 medium apples)
- Preheat oven to 400 F and grease muffin pan (or line with muffin cups).
- In a large bowl, whisk flours, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, molasses, eggs, vanilla, and oil.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the buttermilk mixture. Stir gently until almost combined.
- Add the chopped apples and gently fold them into the batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes.
*To sour milk, add ½ Tbsp. of vinegar to your measuring cup and fill to the ½ cup mark with milk. Let sit 5 minutes.
The most fabulous recipes I’ve ever tried. I love them….haven’t seen a bad one yet.
Keep them rolling……I also share them with my lady’s group.
Thanks so kindly
Bridget, I have been a stay at home mom all my married life and nothing beats cooking from fresh and pickles and baking. These muffins are great. Although my family has grown up and are all away in their own lives they remember mom’s cooking. I am alone and old now and can only cook for myself. When my kids come home which is not too often but I try to make them their favorites and Crosby’s Molasses has always been at the fore front of my cooking.I used molasses in ways you couldn’t imagine.My kids loved it.
> I could say a lot more about the wonderful, versatile Crosby’s Molasses.
Dear Mareen, It’s so wonderful to hear how important cooking and baking has been to your family life. I love how favourite recipes from our childhood bring back the warmest memories and I bet your kids feel very special when they arrive home to your cooking. How wonderful that molasses is wrapped up in all of that.