Sweet Molasses Barbecue SaucePrint
Sweet Molasses Barbecue Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup ketchup (or up to 1 cup)
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ to 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt (optional)
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients in a large bowl. Transfer to a jar with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate.
This sauce will last in the fridge for at least a month.
Keywords: bbq sauce
Delicious and quick recipe. Used it on pork.
Thank you for your comment Sammy! -Marie at Crosby’s Kitchen
i tried it today Its delicious
Made this and reduced the sugar to 1/4 cup. Was plenty sweet with a bite and taglines. Just perfect on chicken.
made this with cooking instead of fancy molasses and 1tsp cumin instead of paprika brought to a bubble let cool
Best Ribs I ever made!
Hi Tyler, Wonderful that this recipe is great with cooking molasses too. Good to know it’s that versatile.
Was this instead of both paprika’s?
easy, quick, yummy
Yummy Good BBQs