Zesty Molasses Shrimp; Perfect for EntertainingPrint
Zesty Molasses Shrimp; Perfect for Entertaining
- Yield: 8 1x
- 6 Tbsp Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- ½ cup rum
- 2 limes, zested
- 32 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled
- fine sea salt
- 8 metal skewers or 8 wooden skewers soaked in water at least 1 hour
- Combine molasses, ginger, rum, and lime zest in a medium bowl and stir to blend for about 20 seconds.
- Thread 4 shrimp onto each skewer.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high or turn on the oven broiler.
- Sprinkle shrimp with sea salt. Place 3 Tbsp glaze in a bowl and set aside.
- Brush shrimp with some remaining glaze.
- Grill shrimp until just opaque in center, brushing occasionally with glaze, about 2 minutes per side.
- Drizzle with reserved glaze and serve.
DO AHEAD: Glaze and shrimp can be made 8 hours ahead.
Keywords: shrimp, molasses shrimp