Servings: 8 serving(s)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 19 minutes
Cooking time: 4 minutes
Molasses Shrimp Recipe
*Yields 8 servings
- 6 Tbsp Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- ½ cup rum
- 2 limes, zested
- 32 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled
- fine sea salt
- 8 metal skewers or 8 wooden skewers soaked in water at least 1 hour
- Combine molasses, ginger, rum and lime zest in medium bowl and stir to blend for about 20 seconds.
- Thread 4 shrimp onto each skewer.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high or turn on oven broiler.
- Sprinkle shrimp with sea salt. Place 3 Tbsp glaze in bowl and set aside.
- Brush shrimp with some of remaining glaze.
- Grill shrimp until just opaque in center, brushing occasionally with glaze, about 2 minutes per side.
- Drizzle with reserved glaze and serve.
DO AHEAD: Glaze and shrimp can be made 8 hours ahead.
One more thing…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more. Here’s the link to subscribe.