Servings: 6-8 serving(s)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Molasses Caramel Sauce
A richly flavoured butterscotch sauce that’s quick to prepare. Will last two weeks in the fridge.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 cup plus 3 Tbsp. 35% cream (whipping cream)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- Over medium heat, melt the butter, brown sugar and molasses in a heavy bottom medium size pot. (The pot needs to be tall enough to allow for foaming.)
- When the mixture is incorporated, slowly add the cream.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
Will last two weeks in the fridge.
Get a new recipe each week…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes giveaways, cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more.Sign up for our Newsletter