S’mores in a pan: no campfire required!
These indoor s’mores with chocolatey marshmallow graham squares require neither fire nor oven. You can still put the pan in the oven for a 1-2 minutes just to broil the marshmallow a bit but it is optional.
This recipe celebrates what most kids love most about s’mores – the marshmallows and graham crackers. There is just enough chocolate to bind the marshmallows and graham crackers and a touch of molasses intensifies the chocolate flavour.
This recipe doubles well. It can be served cold, cut in bars or hot as a dip with extra graham crackers.Print
S’mores in a pan: an indoor take on the campfire classic
S’mores bars recipe. These no-bake, indoor s’mores bars with chocolatey marshmallow graham squares require neither fire nor oven.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 serving(s) 1x
- Category: Candy & Sweet Treats
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2 Tbsp. butter, very soft
- 1/2 Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 2 ¼ cups chopped graham crackers (save the crumbs)
- 2 ¼ cups marshmallows (mini marshmallows or regular marshmallows quartered)
- Line an 8” baking dish or pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a medium bowl and pour over the boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes to let the chocolate melt.
- In a large bowl toss the graham crackers and marshmallows
- Stir the chocolate chip mixture until smooth then add the butter. Stir until melted and then stir in the molasses.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the marshmallows and graham crackers and stir with a rubber spatula, scraping the chocolate from the sides and bottom of the bowl to incorporate.
- Scrape into prepared pan, pressing down gently to compact the bars (taking care not to crush the graham crackers).
- Sprinkle over the crumbs left from cutting the graham crackers and refrigerate for at least two hours before cutting.
- Store in the fridge.
Adapted from Karen’s Kitchen Stories