Servings: 6-8 serving(s)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Caramel apple crisp is the easiest dessert ever. Made with wholesome ingredients, including a little molasses to add a rich caramel flavour.
Do you love baking with fresh fall apples?
I love when local apples arrive in the markets. That’s when I think they taste the best. They’re crisp, flavourful and perfect for baking.
Apple Crisp is one of the simplest desserts going. The ingredients are so simple – and so good: lots of fresh fall apples, flour, rolled oats, butter, a little cinnamon…
I add a little molasses to my apple crisp to give the sauce that forms while it bakes a rich caramel flavour. (Hence the name Caramel Apple Crisp.)
- I use a vegetable peeler for my apples. It’s quick and takes only the skin, not some of the flesh as often happens with a paring knife.
- Try combing two or more varieties of apples in your crisp for added flavour and texture.
Caramel Apple Crisp
Caramel Apple Crisp is one of the simplest desserts going. A little molasses gives the sauce that forms while it bakes a rich caramel flavour.
- 8 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned in
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Place the apples in a deep casserole dish (approx. 8”x10”)
- Toss with molasses, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Dab with tablespoon of butter
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats and brown sugar. Pour over the melted butter and stir to combine.
- Spread mixture over apples.
- Bake at 375°F for about 40 minutes, until the apples are soft and the filling is bubbling.
If you loved this recipe be sure to tell us in the comments below. And don’t forget to rate it :)
If you love baking with apples visit our Apple Baking page. There you’ll find more than three dozen recipes to enjoy.
Get more great recipes…
Sign up to receive wholesome family-friendly recipes by email.Sign up for our Newsletter