Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread with Molasses
Whole wheat zucchini bread with molasses will take your taste buds to a whole new level. Molasses adds both flavour and substance to this wholesome snack.
Made with whole wheat flour, this is a hearty zucchini bread with a delicate texture. The recipe makes two loaves, which is even better.Print
Whole wheat zucchini bread with molasses
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total Time: 18 minute
- Yield: 2 loaves 1x
- 3 1/4 cups flour (half and half whole wheat and white)
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups grated zucchini (only peeled if the skin is tough)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts and/or seeds (walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, slivered almonds, coconut)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add molasses and water then stir in zucchini and lemon juice or vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, mixing gently. Gently fold in nuts and /or seeds.
- Pour batter into two standard loaf pans that have been well greased. (I also line the bottoms of my pans with parchment paper so the loaves come out more easily after baking).
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean. Alternately, bake in 5 mini loaf pans for about 45 minutes.
Keywords: zucchini bread, zucchini bread with molasses