Servings: 3-4 serving(s)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
There’s something about the consistency of Greek yogurt that’s irresistible. It’s like pudding, especially when you stir a bit of molasses into it.
In fact, Greek yogurt sweetened with molasses tastes a lot like molasses kisses.
Topped with a little strawberry rhubarb compote, or your favourite fruit, molasses kiss Greek yogurt makes a great breakfast or afternoon snack. Sweetened Greek yogurt is a good stand-in for whipped cream.
I have always preferred to buy plain yogurt instead of flavoured yogurt. I like my yogurt a little sweet, but I prefer to go the natural route with sweeteners and most flavoured yogurt contains artificial sweeteners. In fact, you need to be a good label reader to avoid the artificial stuff.
It’s much easier and healthier to buy plain yogurt and sweeten it yourself.
The nutritional analysis below is for the molasses kiss Greek yogurt only. It doesn’t include the compote. As well, it is based on 2% yogurt. Feel free to substitute a fat-free version .
Molasses Kiss Greek Yogurt
Makes 3-4 servings
- 2 cups plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 3-4 Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- Strawberry rhubarb compote, to taste (recipe below)
Stir molasses into Greek yogurt. Spoon into individual serving bowls and top with a dollop of fruit compote or fresh berries.
Strawberry Rhubarb compote:
- 1 1/2 heaping cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 heaping cup sliced strawberries
- Sugar to taste
- Place fruit in a saucepan, cover and cook over low heat until soft. (Fruit should release enough liquid to keep from burning. If not, add water a tablespoon at a time.)
- Mash with a fork then stir briskly to desired consistency.
- Sweeten to taste, adding sugar one tablespoon at a time.
Get new recipes each week…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive recipes by email.Sign up for our Newsletter