Crosby’s Carrot Cake
Carrot cake is a beloved classic, but what happens when you take that classic recipe and give it a unique twist? That’s exactly what Wild Flour Sweets and Treats did to create a specialty carrot cake that’s unlike any other. With their passion for baking and commitment to quality ingredients, this Crosby’s Carrot Cake is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.Print
Crosby’s Carrot Cake
Thanks to Sarah and the girls at Wild Flour Sweets and Treats for creating this exclusive Crosby’s carrot cake!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: One layer 10” round cakes or Two layer 6” round cake. 1x
- Category: Cakes
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all- purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups grated carrots loosely packed
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8oz block of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 2–2 1/2 cups icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease cake pans.
- Add sugar, molasses, and oil to mixer bowl, mix until smooth. Add sour cream and vanilla and continue to mix, add 3 eggs one at a time while mixing until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add to wet mixture gradually until batter is fully combined. Fold in shredded carrot until mixed.
- Transfer to prepared cake pans and bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on the size pans and how deep the cake batter is in the pan, cooking times may take longer. Continue to check until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once done, let cool for 5 mins and then flip cake out onto a cooling rack.
- For cream cheese icing, add cream cheese and butter to mixer bowl. Mix on low until combined. Stop to scrape the sides a few times. Once all combined gradually add 2 cups of icing sugar. For thicker and sweeter icing add the other ½ cup icing sugar. Mix until smooth. Allow cake to cool fully before icing.
Yield One layer 10” round cake or Two layer 6” round cakes.