Servings: 8 serving(s)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Think of everything you love about a warm chocolate chip cookie and then imagine that in a pie, a chocolate chip cookie pie.
You know the taste of slightly warm chocolate chip cookies? Warm enough that they’re a little gooey with chocolate that practically drips when you take a bite…? That would be a chocolate chip cookie pie.
It’s a celebration kind of pie. March Break has officially begun in my house so a special dessert is in order. This pie is dessert tonight, a decadent treat that is the stuff of my kids’ dreams.
Never mind that it’s made with almond flour and coconut (so is gluten free).
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe
Adapted from All day I Dream About Food
- 1 ¼ cups almond flour
- 3/4 cups finely shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325F and grease a 9-inch oven-proof skillet or pie pan.
- Whisk together the almond flour, coconut and baking soda.
- In another bowl beat butter and sugar then beat in molasses, egg and vanilla.
- Stir almond flour mixture into butter mixture and stir until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread dough in prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cookie will be very soft and a little jiggle-y in the middle.
- Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
One more thing…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more. Here’s the link to subscribe.