Chewy Coconut Macaroons are Easy & Low Cal
This easy recipe for chewy macaroons suits every season.
Chewy Coconut Macaroons: the one new recipe you’ll want to add to your holiday baking list this year.
They’re easy to make, low cal, low carb and delicious. They can also be made gluten-free.
Relatively easy to mix up, these macaroons add great variety to your holiday cookie plate. And at just 113 calories per cookie, they add a lower cal option to your holiday treats as well.
Dipping them in chocolate is optional.
They’re easy to make gluten-free…just substitute a gluten free flour blend for the 1/2 cup flour called for in the recipe.Print
Chewy Coconut Macaroons
They’re easy to make, low cal, low carb and delicious. They can also be made gluten-free. Dipping them in chocolate is optional.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Reserve time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Candy & Sweet Treats
- 1/2 cup flour (can use gluten-free)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut (fine)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut (wide)
- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Chocolate for dipping (optional)
- Whisk together the flour, salt and both kinds of coconut.
- In a double boiler or a metal bowl suspended above a pot of barely simmering water, whisk the egg whites with the sugar, molasses and vanilla until mixture warm to the touch and opaque (110 F). Remove from heat and pour over the dry ingredients. Fold to combine and set aside for 15 minutes to allow the coconut to absorb some of the liquid.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Form mixture into 1” to 1 ½” balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Rotate baking sheet halfway through cooking.
- Let cool then dip in melted chocolate.
Nutritional info (no chocolate): Per cookie.
- Calories: 113
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Carbs: 11.4 g
- Sugar: 7.3 g
- Sodium: 38.4 mg
- Fibre: 1.9 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Potassium 95.9 mg
Love molasses! More people should use it to enhance their recipes 😃
That’s so true! -Marie from Crosby’s Kitchen
I am happy to be a Member.
My Email is [ coinmann25@yahoo. OR email@example.com.
Hi Mario, Your message just includes an email address. Is there something you’d like us to send you? Please let me know.