Molasses Popcorn Balls
Molasses Popcorn Balls are an old-fashioned treat that is easy to make. Great activity with kids (young children can help to shape the balls).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Candy & Sweet Treats
- 1½ cups Fancy Molasses
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 4 qts popped popping corn
- Combine Fancy Molasses, sugar, and butter or margarine in a 2 qt. saucepan.
- Dissolve sugar by stirring. Cook over medium heat until mixture forms a hard but not brittle ball (250°-266°F) when dropped in cold water. Stir constantly.
- Dribble syrup over popped corn stirring to coat it all. Make balls with buttered hands when cool. Wrap in waxed paper.
Keywords: popcorn ball, molasses popcorn, molasses popcorn ball