- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar. Whisk in the eggs one at a time.In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon.
- Add half the flour mixture to the butter mixture, then the molasses and milk, then the remaining flour mixture. Mix until combined then gather the dough into a ball and cut it in two.
- Chill the dough for an hour or overnight, if you have time.
When you’re ready to bake the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough about 1/4“ inch thick and cut into rounds about the size of your cookie stamps.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, remove from the oven and quickly press the cookie stamp into each of the cookies. Return to the oven for 3-5 more minutes.
- If you’re not using a cookie press just bake your cut out cookies for 8-10 minutes.