Spicy Ginger Molasses Crinkle Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-15 min
- Total Time: 9 minute
- Yield: 2 dozen 1x
- ¾ cups butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/3 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour (spooned in)
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- Sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cream butter and sugar until mixture is light in colour.
- Beat in the egg then the molasses.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices and salt. Beat into the butter mixture in three additions.
- Scoop dough in 1 ½ Tbsp. portions and form into balls
- Place extra sugar in a bowl and roll cookies in sugar.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until set and crackly on top.