- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In another bowl beat butter, brown sugar and molasses until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating just until combined.
- Blend in applesauce.
- Spoon into a 9 inch tube pan that has been greased and floured. Smooth the top.
- Bake at 350 F for 50 min to an hour, until the cake is pulling away from the side of the pan and a tester comes out clean.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cake to loosen it from the pan.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes then remove from the pan.
Cool completely before serving.