Gluten-Free Chocolate Chia Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total Time: 27
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds mixed with 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3 tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy molasses
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the chia seeds with the hot water. Reserve.
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add the molasses and beat until well combined. Beat in the egg then vanilla and cooled chia mixture.
- In another bowl whisk the flour, cornstarch, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients in to the wet, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonful (or a medium cookie scoop) onto prepared sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.