- In a large bowl mix butter and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in egg and molasses.
- Add lemon juice.
- Sift together dry ingredients and gradually add to creamed mixture.
- When flour mixture is fully incorporated gather dough into a ball, cut in half and pat into two disks.
- Chill for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to ¼” thick and cut into shapes.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 8-10 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- 2 Tbsp. soft butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp. milk or cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
In a medium bowl mash the butter and add about half of the icing sugar. Mash them together for a bit then add 1 Tbsp. of milk and the vanilla. Mix well then add remaining icing sugar and more milk as needed. This icing should be a little runny for easy decorating.