This gingerbread cupcake recipe with cinnamon frosting is sure to become a favorite! These cupcakes are moist and fluffy and they go perfectly with a warm mug of tea. Not to mention, the creamy cinnamon frosting is irresistible. Thanks to Sam Merritt from Sugar Spun Run for inspiring us for this recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a 8-count muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
3. Add the wet ingredients (except the hot water and the sour cream) and mix well.
4. Add hot water and stir again until batter is completely combined, then stir in sour cream.
5. Divide batter evenly into prepared cupcake pan (filling liners approximately ¾ full) and bake at 350F for about 18 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to a cooling rack and allowing to cool completely before frosting.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the powdered sugar. Use an electric mixer to stir together until smooth, creamy, and well-combined,
2. With mixer on low speed, gradually add powdered sugar until completely incorporated and frosting is smooth and creamy.
3.Spread over cooled cupcakes.
Keywords: cupcakes, gingerbread, frosting