Servings: 12 muffins serving(s)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ginger peach muffins are light textured and delicious. They’re chock full of peaches, aren’t too sweet and have a lovely streusel top.
These just might be the perfect muffins. They’re light textured and extra moist, loaded with peaches (a full cup and a half!), and get a little extra sweetness from a streusel top.
I have had these ginger peach muffins on my mind for ages but wanted to wait until peach season to start testing recipes. Lucky for us it didn’t take too long to land on a recipe. I simply made a few tweaks to my super-popular Rhubarb Streusel Muffins and that was it.
Because these muffins are so moist I store them in the fridge. Count on them lasting the better part of a week when stored this way. (The freezer test is underway.)
A few tips:
- If you love ginger use the double amount.
- Peel your peaches or nectarines before dicing. Here’s how (scroll to the bottom of the post for the how-to).
- I use plain yogurt in place of sour cream. Flavoured yogurt — vanilla or peach, would work just fine.
- As with all muffin recipes, the less your stir the batter the better. That’s the secret to light texture.
If you love baking with peaches we have loads more recipes on this site for you to try.Print
Ginger Peach Muffins With A Sweet Streusel Top
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned in
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 2–1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1–2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sour cream or yogurt
- ½ cup oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1–1/2 cups diced peaches or nectarines
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. soft butter
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cups or grease it well.
- Make the topping: In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and butter and rub together with your fingers. Sprinkle over each muffin.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and salt and whisk to blend.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, oil, molasses, eggs until smooth. Gently stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients until the batter just comes together; do not overmix. Gently stir in the diced peaches. The batter will be thick.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins until they’re golden brown and spring back when gently pressed, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes. Carefully lift the muffins out of the pan and let them cool. Serve warm.
If you love ginger use the full 2 tsp. in this recipe.
Keywords: peaches, muffins
Get new recipes every week…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive a weekly recipe email. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more. Signup for our Newsletter