Servings: 18 cookies serving(s)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Easy almond cookies have it all: great flavour and texture, low in carbs and calories, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, vegan, Paleo.
The original title of this recipe is The World’s Easiest Cookies and they came by that name honestly. With just five ingredients (in my slightly adapted version) easy almond cookies take all of five minutes to mix up, the dough needs no chilling and they bake in 12 minutes flat.
Once cooled, easy almond cookies have a lovely chewy texture and wholesome substance. Thanks to the ground almonds they feel more filling than many cookies and they’re also more nutritious (along with being low in calories and fat). But they still taste like real cookies.
One more thing, easy almond cookies are also gluten-free so a nice treat for those of you who are in a constant search of decent cookies free of gluten.
As well, they contain no refined sugar.
My son is crazy about these cookies so they make a great after-school treat (or a little after-supper sweet).
This recipe is just slightly adapted from the terrific recipe website The Kitchn.
Easy Almond Cookie Recipe
Makes 18 cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 3 Tbsp. real maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk the almond flour and baking powder together. Stir in the molasses, maple syrup and vanilla and mix until well combined (batter will be sticky).
- Scoop dough into a tablespoon measure and roll into balls. Place on prepared baking sheet, an inch apart.
- With the palm of your hand or the bottom of a glass, lightly flatten the tops of the cookies.*
- Bake until the cookies are set and the bottoms are golden, about 12 minutes. Cool slightly on the pan and then remove to a rack.
*For crisp cookies, flatten the dough balls into discs with the bottom of a glass before baking. Adjust baking time accordingly.
Nutritional info: Per cookie:
- Calories: 46
- Fat: 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat: .1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Carbs: 6 g
- Sugar: 3.2 g
- Sodium: 10.2 mg
- Fibre: 0 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Potassium: 140.6 mg
- Calcium: 40.9 g
One more thing…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more. Here’s the link to subscribe.