Servings: 1 serving(s)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
My great grandmother used to say “If there’s room in your heart, there’s room in your house.”
Hot Milk With Gingerbread Spices…Like three drinks in one.
- This warming drink is like a holiday hug, something you can enjoy in the evening when you’re wrapping gifts into the wee hours.
- Hot spice milk is a great stand-in for eggnog too for those of us who find old fashioned, or store-bought, eggnog far too rich.
- And finally, I like to drink in in place of hot chocolate after a walk in the cold. It’s just sweet enough and isn’t as filling as chocolate.
Sometimes I add a little coconut milk to mine for extra sweetness. You could also froth the milk if you like your milk foamy on top.
You can turn this into a Gingerbread Latte with a little strong coffee. Here’s how:
Getting back to simple…
In the final rush and preparation for Christmas I hope you find time to pause.
Wishing you much warmth and joy throughout this happy season.
Hot Milk with Gingerbread Spices and Molasses Recipe
- 1 cup of milk (can use coconut milk)
- 1 Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- Generous pinch of gingerbread spices
- In a small pot bring the milk to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the molasses and spices.
- Pour into your favourite cup.
Makes one serving.
Gingerbread Spice Blend
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. allspice
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. cloves
Blend spices and store in a cool, dry place.
One more thing…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more. Here’s the link to subscribe.