Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 6.25 hours 385 minutes
Cooking time: 6 hours
Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream, an easy homemade ice cream that tastes like pumpkin pie
Just in time for Thanksgiving, pumpkin spice ice cream is a simple recipe to add to your weekend menu.
Every year I look forward to a Thanksgiving dessert of my mom’s homemade pumpkin pie. And now my daughter – a 14-year old cheese cake devotee – likes to make pumpkin cheesecake. Adding pumpkin spice ice cream to the menu is a pretty easy step for those of us who love the taste of pumpkin pie.
I love that this ice cream isn’t overly sweet. It’s rich, to be sure, but the flavour doesn’t over power your taste buds and in fact, it would be very good served alongside pumpkin pie.
No-churn recipe. No ice cream maker required!
This recipe uses the same base ingredients as our other ice cream recipes but it gets an autumn twist with the addition of pumpkin puree and some pumpkin spice. It takes just a few minutes to whip up and then needs six hours in the freezer.
Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream (no-churn) Recipe
- 1 can (300 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice*
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Candied ginger, to garnish (optional)
*Substitute ½ tsp ground cinnamon, ¼ tsp ground ginger, ¼ tsp ground nutmeg and 1/8 tsp ground cloves.
- Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, molasses, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree. Mix until well blended.
- In a large bowl whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in the pumpkin mixture, stirring just until it’s well incorporated and no streaks of whipped cream remain.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Even out the top and sprinkle a little more pumpkin pie spice over top.
- Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours.