Servings: 4-6 serving(s)
Prep time: 35 minutes
Total time: 65 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Spicy Molasses Wings are extra easy to make.
I have been teaching my kids to cook. Not complicated stuff, but lots of the basics: cookies, pizza (including the homemade dough), brownies, muffins, cakes. They’re constantly asking for wings so this recipe for spicy molasses wings is their new task.
My first cake, after I moved on from the Easy-Bake Oven, was a Jello cake. Then I moved onto cheese-and-bacon-things, Kraft pizzas and zucchini casserole.
I made wings for the first time last winter and that’s what got my kids hooked on them.
This recipe is simple enough for my kids to make on their own.
Spicy Molasses Wings Recipe
- 1/3 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 1/3 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 tsp fresh ginger or ½ tsp. dried ginger
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- ¼-1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (use cayenne for more heat)
- 2 lbs. chicken wings or drumsticks
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives
- In a large bowl combine marinade ingredients (first 5 ingredients). Add the chicken and let marinate in the fridge, covered, for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Spread wings in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet (one with a rim).
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and flip.
- Return to oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- To finish, broil for 5 minutes and flip. Broil another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a plate and sprinkle with chopped chives.
One more thing…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more. Here’s the link to subscribe.