Sweet & Sour Turkey Meatballs
Sweet and sour turkey meatballs make great party food but can also be enjoyed as a main dish meal. The delicious sauce comes together quickly and suits all sorts of meat.
- 1 lb. ground turkey, chicken or beef
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup diced onions
- ½ cup bouillon or apple juice
- 1/4 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Heat oven to 400 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Combine the meatball ingredients. Mix well (but don’t over-mix) and shape lightly into 1½ inch balls.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until done. (Be careful not to overcook.)
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Melt butter in a medium pot and add the onion.
- Saute until soft then add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for five minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add meatballs and toss gently.
- Warm on minimum for 10 minutes. Serve hot.
If you love this recipe be sure to give it a star rating.