Servings: 12 serving(s)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
These Sweet Bran Muffins make a filling breakfast or a wholesome afternoon snack. Made with natural bran (not bran cereal), they have a great texture and aren’t too dense.
This Sweet Ban Muffin recipe is an old-time classic, the sort of bran muffin that your grandmother would make. These sweet muffins are light textured and wholesome, low in fat and loaded with fibre. They’re filling at breakfast and make a great afternoon snack.
Sweet Bran Muffins Recipe
- 2½ cups flour, spooned in
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups bakers bran (natural bran)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line muffin tins with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In another bowl whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Add wet mixture to dry and lightly mix the two ingredients together. The batter should remain well mixed but lumpy. (If it is beaten too much, it will become glutenous and tough)
- Fill muffin cups to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until firm and nicely browned.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack & enjoy!
One more thing…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more. Here’s the link to subscribe.