Servings: 4 serving(s)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Spicy Salmon with Mustard & Molasses is a weeknight meal that really is ready in under 30 minutes. With this recipe you’ll have leftover spice blend and extra sauce, so you’ll be all set to put this recipe on repeat.
Salmon is the new chicken
There are so many reasons to eat more salmon. But if you’re getting tired of the same old same old recipe try this lively version. In our spicy salmon recipe, a delicious spice blend and Dijon mustard add just the right amount of heat while molasses provides a savoury kind of sweet to keep the flavours balanced.
This recipe cooks quickly so you can enjoy a fantastic weeknight meal in next to no time.
Another option: Brush sweet potato wedges with oil then toss with the spice blend. Roast at 375 F until soft and then use the the mustard & molasses sauce as a dip!
Spicy Salmon with Dijon & Molasses Recipe
- 4 salmon fillets/portions
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika (optional but yummy)
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. chipotle chili powder (can substitute regular chili powder)
Molasses Dijon Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Pre-heat oven to 450 F
- Place salmon on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the rub ingredients (you will have way more than you need).
- Sprinkle about ½ tsp. of rub over each salmon portion and rub in a bit.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the molasses & Dijon. Brush on salmon
- Bake salmon for 6-10 minutes, until done. (Cooking time will depend on thickness of salmon.)
One more thing…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. It includes cooking tips, menu ideas, featured recipes and more. Here’s the link to subscribe.