Healthy Snow Peas and Red Pepper SaladPrint
Healthy Snow Peas and Red Pepper Salad
This snow peas and red pepper salad are fresh, flavourful, and vegan. It’s also packed with crunch and colour. A perfectly healthy summer salad, ideal for family meals or potlucks.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Savoury dishes
- ¾ lb. snow peas
- ½ lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
Walnut orange dressing:
- 1 small clove of garlic, pressed
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 3 Tbsp. cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. walnut oil (or olive oil)
- Pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper
- Top and string peas.
- Blanch peas in boiling water for 1 ½ to two minutes.
- Drain and rinse immediately under cold water. Dry thoroughly.
- In an ungreased skillet over medium heat toast the sesame seeds until lightly browned, shaking the pan often
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake until well combined (or whisk together in a bowl)
- Toss vegetables with dressing and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: snow peas and red pepper salad, summer salads