Granola bars, hermit bars, oatmeal bars, chocolate chip cookie bars, gooey coconut dream bars…
There is no shortage of options when it comes to baking (or not baking) sweet treats in a pan. Easier to make than cookies and perfectly pretty cut into tidy geometric slices, I consider bars the “2.0” of the cookie world. They can be everything that a cookie is, and then some.
Are your a whiz when it comes to making bars?
For the third year in a row Crosby’s will provide a sweet treat to all FBC2015 attendees, and we’re inviting Food Bloggers of Canada (FBC) members to come up with the treat idea.
This year, we’re raising the bar…
We’re running a contest for FBC members to create a delicious bar recipe, using molasses. The winning recipe will be the Sweet Treat distributed at FBC2015 in Montreal this October.
(Participants do not need to attend FBC2015 in Montreal in order to be eligible to participate in the Crosby’s “Raising the Bar” Contest.)
Contest runs August 10 to September 27.
Create a new favourite bar recipe, using Crosby’s Fancy Molasses, for your chance to win:
- $200 cash for first place and a personalized hand-thrown pottery mixing bowl and baking gift basket.
- Two runners up will each receive $100 cash.
- The winning bar will be featured as the Crosby’s Treat at FBC2015, with full recognition for the winner.
- The winning bars will be featured subsequent Crosby’s eBooks, with full recognition and links back to the winner’s blogs.
- The winning bars will be featured in the Crosby’s October eNews, distributed to 15,000 molasses fans across the country, with full recognition and links back to the winner’s blogs.
- The Bar must be made with Crosby’s Fancy Molasses, and recipe must include at least ¼ cup of molasses.
- Bar name: The entry will be judged according to how creative/clever/memorable it is.
- The recipe: The entry will be judged according to how appealing/delicious it is (consider taste and texture)
- The blog post: The entry will be judged according to the appeal of the photo.
- One (1) Winner to receive: A personalized hand-thrown pottery mixing bowl and baking gift basket, $200 cash PLUS the entry will be featured as the Crosby’s Treat at FBC 2015 PLUS the entry will be featured in Crosby’s eBooks and October eNews.
- Two (2) runners up to each receive $100 cash and their entries will be included in Crosby’s eBooks and October eNews.