Quick & Easy Blueberry Oat Muffins
Quick and easy blueberry oat muffins are wholesome and satisfying. They have a great texture and aren’t too sweet.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Quick bread style
- Cuisine: North American
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp. yogurt or lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned in
- ½ cup whole wheat flour, spooned in
- 1 ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon or lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and prepare muffin tins.
- Whisk together the oats, milk and yogurt or lemon juice. Let sit for five minutes then whisk in the molasses, egg, oil and sugar.
- In another bowl stir together the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add wet to dry and stir gently until almost combined. Add the blueberries and stir until evenly distributed.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and sprinkle each muffin with the topping mixture.
- Bake 18-22 minutes.
Your muffins are cooked when they’re golden and the tops spring back when lightly touched.
Keywords: blueberry, muffins, easy