Pumpkin Crème brûlée
This easy make-ahead dessert makes a delicious and unique Thanksgiving dessert.
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
- ½ cup Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 6 egg yolks
*Substitute ½ tsp ground cinnamon, ¼ tsp ground ginger, ¼ tsp ground nutmeg and 1/8 tsp ground cloves.
- 6 Tbsp demerara sugar (natural brown sugar) for caramelizing the top
- Heat cream, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice on the stove.
- Whisk molasses and egg yolks together, and add the heated cream to the egg molasses mixture.
- Pour into four 4 oz ramekins.
- Place ramekins in a large pan and pour hot water half way up the ramekins and bake in a 300°F oven for 45 minutes.(The crème brulee should be solid but still jiggly like a belly.)
- Cool for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- To Serve, sprinkle 1 Tbsp of demerara sugar on each brulee, ensure that the entire top is covered. Melt the sugar under the broiler, keeping a very close eye on the brulees, or use a kitchen torch.
If you loved this recipe please give it a star rating.